Friday 11 April 2008

On health front


I finally called to local health centre to book an appointment to my doctor. The first free time was in the end of this month, so we, the nurse and I, decided that I call for an acute appointment in Monday as I really aren't fit enough to work even if I got one and I need a sick leave until the reason of my symptoms is clear and I am feeling like an alive human being again.

I have psychological symptoms, but the physical symptoms point to the possibility of this not being depression, but something I was thinking of before: hypothyroidism.
Actually my mental state doesn't feel "right" to be depression. I have been there, I know what it is.
Admittedly I crashed on the phone earlier this week when arguing with my emplyement counsellor (my current employement counsellor is a real b*tch), but still. Hypothyroidism could explain that too... one of the symptoms on that long, long list is depression.

It would be easy to diagnose, treatable, but chronic... and I have to say that I could live without another chronic illness. On the other hand I hope it would be hypothyroidism, on the other hand I am afraid of it.
But I can't live like this: forgetting everything, losing time, being cranky, living in a fog etc.

Hpmh.

No comments:

Post a Comment