Thursday 17 January 2008

SBQ: A Good Companion

Today’s absolutely magnificent

Stitching Bloggers' Question

was suggested by yours truly and is:
What is your favorite past time while stitching? Do you just enjoy silence, listen to music/audiobooks or do you “watch” TV/ movies? Do you have specific favorites you listen to/ watch while stitching?
I came up with this question while watching The Negotiator for the dozenth time while stitching as I find the movie absolutely wonderful stitching companion.

I prefer music, movies and TV series as a stitching companion because silence has the bad habit to distract me (you can easily deduce my current health from my Last.FM profile: if I don't listen music I am probably quite sick).

Lately I have noticed that movies/ TV series provide me with better level of concentration because they have the noise and the motion, which keeps my brains nicely distracted (no, I don't watch them in terms of watching, but I see the movement on the upper part of my field of vision).
I do also love to listen audiobooks or music, either from my desktop computer (which is at the moment out of order as its power went while I was at my mother's - note: it was turned off when that happened), laptop or from Last.FM (my profile for curious, you can also find my personal radio station from there *wink, wink*. I actually also have stitching tunes tag in there..).

In general my favourite stitching companions are House M.D, The Negotiator, Dexter, Black Adders (I, II, III, IV season), Exorcist: The Beginning (I honestly do think that that is the best of the Exorcist movies) and various Last.FM's tag radios.


By the way, The Competition is open only until 1st of February so remember to take part. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment