Monday 17 December 2007

^^


I had an appointment with my GP in Friday and he left me kind of baffled.
Why he left me bafled probably tells quite much about the quality of the public healthcare: he simply asked how I am doing.

When a GP shows concern you really should draw a cross into a wall (this is how we say it), because that just does not happen.
I am beginning to think that part of my recovery is just having a GP like that: it helps to have a doctor who actually shows concern towards the patient. It makes you feel like a sane person when you have a illness which does not show, and in a culture where being (sick is being weak and being) weak is a big no-no it feels good to actually notice that the one person who takes care of your health really wants to do so.
I could SO marry that man (even his wife would oppose it).

The recovery? I can happily announce you that I have got my physical endurance back. Yesterday, when going to bits_2_whole's birthday (it's actually today: Happy birthday sis!) I decided to be lazy and instead of waiting a bus X took a bus Y which took me 1½ kilometres from our mother's place and walk the rest of it - as a test of my current condition.
It was a chilly and humid day, but yet I managed to walk 1½ kms in my normal, preasthma, speed (which meant that I was there earlier than I had been if I had been a lazy ass and waited for the bus). My breathing was a bit faster than usually when I arrived, but there was no need for bronchodilator spite of the walk in cold.
The G-d is in the details, as certain someone once said to me, and in this case just a notion of becoming what you once were feels good - opposed to that 4 kms/ 2 hours and few days of bed rest speed I encaged during summer.

And first time in long time I had hope that some day I can actually lower my cortisone dosage as the inflammation is getting under control.

I also find it interesting that my physical fitness apparently hasn't suffered from immobility of six months...

No comments:

Post a Comment