Thursday 10 July 2008

SBQ: Time Sharing


This week's

Stitching Bloggers' Question

is:
How do you balance your stitching time with your other obligations such as work, household chores, etc.?
Unfortunately I don't work so it doesn't take any of my stitching time. Housework on the other hand... well, I usually try to use the carrot and stick method i.e. when I do some chore I can stitch after that for X time units. (For example today I have decided to do laundry, clean the fridge, run one load in dishwasher and wash all the dishes which need to be washed by hand. After this (and during laundry) I can stitch as much as I want.
As I live alone there is also the fact that I can skip housework if I don't feel like doing it. It will only bother me.

Now that I have started to exercise daily I feel that I have more energy and enthusiasm to do the housework more efficiently, so this provides more time for stitching - unless the book I read during elliptical training is too good and I end up reading it during the evening and don't stitch at all. Regardless it's good thing: I haven't been reading this much in ages - and I have actually developed my stitching while reading a book skills lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment