Friday 4 July 2008

Mr. Mailman, bring me a dream... (Picture heavy)


Firstly, EMS Staff Stitch N'Stash Exchange for Laura:

The idea was to stitch and finish something stitchy which could be hung and send some nice stash with it.

I stitched Laura a scissor pocket with shades of dusky rose (and got to hear from her that it's one of her favourite colours ) and added a ribbon so it can be hung on neck or somewhere else.

Tidbits:

  • Design: Mother's Love Grows, complimentary design by Periphaeria Designs.
  • Floss: Atalie's Pivoine.
  • Fabric: 25 count linen band.
  • Other:
    1. It is lined with fabric to make sure that scissors won't come through.
    2. Ribbon is ~3mm wide pink polyester ribbon I have received from an exchange and it is sewn to the lining.
    3. Design is stitched over one with two strands.
In addition to this I sent two of my designs (Protection and Echoes of a Squared Lotus), two skeins on Painters Thread silks and two pieces of 32 count plainweave (linen and jobelan).
See how cunningly the threads and fabrics are matched. *grin*

Based on the feedback she loved everything so I think I can say that this exchange is now finished.

OMGWTFBBQBMW!

That was my first reaction when I opened the little box in Linda's envelope. In addition of sending that "one pattern from your wishlist" she sent me the mini bourse she was making for me (and I should finish hers and mail it... *ahem*).

But, pictures don't do justice to this bourse. It is just amazing.

Did I tell you that this is Linda's design?! Don't you think too that it's simply amazingly beautiful? I am in love.

In addition to this gorgeous one she sent me, not only one pattern from my wishlist, but four other patterns too - and one of the is a design I have been adoring from distance for a while!

Simple Thank You! isn't enough, but still... Thank you Linda!

And some pattern p0rn

The mysterious big envelope was what I thought it was... so, now it's time to do some simple calculus. These plus this lot:



...equals:

As previously mentioned I have some duplicates, but they, plus few other extras I have, will find a loving home from Linda's house.

I think that it might have been a very good idea to mae the bedroom my craft room... my pattern stash is already taking half a shelf (1 meter shelf).

No comments:

Post a Comment