Friday 8 February 2008

You'd think that shoes are made for walking...


Wouldn't you?

Well, those army boots I bought less than two years ago have come to the end of their life for the oddest reason: their inner and outer soles are so worn off that there are minor cracks in their soles, which, as you can imagine, leak. (And leaking shoes are not actually something you want to have in February, even less in February like this: WET.)
Only reason I can imagine is that I walk a lot. Apparently.

This also tells something of the state of so called Finnish quality nowadays... My previous army boots were my main shoes for 12 months of every year and they lasted for TEN years and still the soles were crackless and not too worn when the heel broke down. Lesson learnt: if you want to walk, buy what army buys, even if it is more expensive, as it will save you loads.

Then, I found these from one Finnish online store:

They fill the most important criterias:

  1. Not too expensive (39€).
  2. Moisture and cold resistant (up to -20° C) coating.
  3. Big enough size and as they are Finnish they may be wide enough for my feet.
  4. Black.
  5. Shiny.
  6. Simple and stylish design.
  7. Some heel (I can't use shoes without any heel).
  8. They go over the ankle.
Now I just need to hope that my old shoes behave for those two weeks it takes before I get the new ones and that the new ones fit. (And, while at it I also bought myself new spring shoes - loud mouths claim those are for men... naah, they should fit (being measured for male foot), they look reasonable and weren't too expensive.)
I should probably also buy new sneakers... for walking, to spare the good shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment