Wednesday 20 February 2008

    My heart has become able
    to take on all forms.

    It is a pasture for gazelles,
    for monks, an abbey.
    It is a temple for idols,
    and for whoever walks around it, the Kaaba.
    It is the tablets of the Torah,
    and also the leaves of the Qur’an!

    I believe in the religion of Love,
    whatever direction its caravans may take,
    for Love is my religion and my faith.

    -- Ibn Arabi

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."
-- The Dalai Lama

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell."
-- Shakyamuni Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment