Sunday 29 June 2008

Mania? What mania?


I realized last night (after shopping at Silkweaver's Odds & Ends ) what is behind my stash shopping mania: I am having a manic phase. I am not overly active, but I spend money uncontrollably, which is one of the symptoms of a manic phase.
Luckily my scheduled dosage decrease is after two weeks and now I realize the mania, which makes me quite sure of being able to control myself now.

Nicer things: designing

Since I started sertraline I have been completely uncreative, but I got a word play idea yesterday after browsing 1-2-3 Stitch! for hours (that is one of the reasons why I window shop: it gives indirect ideas) and to my surprise I remembered the idea when I woke up today.
So, after waking up I sat and played with my designing software and voilá! It came out as small-ish, cute Halloween design and with luck I have just the right fabric coming for it from Silkweaver (and coming to think of it I ordered load of GASTs from One Star's Light Needlework Supplies and I probably have most of the colours I need coming from there ).

And actual stitching...

Since Stitch-a-Thon I was bothered by the fact that The Mother only had half a face... so, I stitched her face enough to make her look like the beautiful woman she will be.

It's amazing how intricate her face is without any fractionals or backstitching (notice that there's still stitches lacking from her face).

No comments:

Post a Comment