Thursday 22 May 2008

Waist/ hip ratio


I measured myself yesterday for statistical purposes and while I was at it I calculated my waist/hip ratio. It's better than it used to be and someone who's considered severely obese it's probably something most people wouldn't believe. My ratio 0,77... "appears to be within a healthy range." based on one calculator I used to double check the ratio.

While at it I found this from Wikipedia:

Women with a low waist-hip ratio have been shown in studies to be smarter and have smarter offspring. Using data from the U.S. National Center for Health Statistics, William Lassek at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania and Steven Gaulin of the University of California, Santa Barbara, found a child's performance in cognition tests was linked to their mother's waist-hip ratio, a proxy for how much fat she stores on her hips.
Back to peddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment