Friday 22 August 2008

SBQ: Belated and the new one


7th of August, 2008

This week's SBQ was suggested by yours truly and is:

What do you do to your thread clippings? Do you just scrap them or do you use them in something else?
I store my clippings in a bowl, and when the bowl is full I move them to a large glass jar. It's rather decorative and I do use them sometimes with polyester filling when finishing needlework smalls.

21st of August, 2008

This week's SBQ was suggested by Dawn and is:

If you had to choose, would you rather spend money on overdyed floss or hand-dyed fabric?
This is easy: on floss, as overdyed floss always looks nicer on stock shades (like flax or pure white linen) and it's more cost effective in general (and nowadays I have to think of that because I need to save for the plane ticket).

Some quotes...

I gathered these yesterday when looking for a signature line, but as I was adjusting of being far away from mr.Wonderful I wasn't in the mood for blogging - before he called me in the middle of the night just to say that he loves me.

"Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end."
-- Unknown

"Between husband and wife there should be no secrets from one another. I have a very high opinion of the marriage tie. I hold that husband and wife merge in each other. They are one in two or two in one."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

"Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each include the other, each is enriched by the other."
-- Felix Adler

"To love another person is to see the face of God."
--Les Miserables

"There is no remedy for love but to love more."
-- Thoreau

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."
-- Anonymous

"Where there is love there is life."
-- Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment