Sunday 16 March 2008

The Spanish Sampler Mystery Stitch-A-Log started!


The Spanish Sampler Mystery Stitch-A-Long finally started. Spite of a dreadful case of stage fever I had the first part has been well received and the feedback has been amazing.

I have been stitching the first band today and I have to say that I am loving the design and the silks - VCs cover so well that I almost started with one strand instead of two, but decided that as I have charted and estimated the floss usage for two strands I should stitch it with two.
This is how the first band will look like:

And this is what I have now:

    (Yes, it is upside down, but the picture looks better this way because of the angle I took it from.)
Unfortunately the picture doesn't show the subtle shade changes the purple has and which give a really positive boost to the whole band.
I guess I have about 35% done and I am quite sure this will be the first SAL I will be able to keep stitching within the given time limits.

Now I will stitch rest of the Here's to Ewe piece and get back to TSS after it. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment