Thursday 13 August 2009

To shop or not to shop?, WIP and All Things Pink


(No, you haven't lost your eyesight: my blog is PINK!)
I do have certain amount of guilty conscience because of my stash shopping lately, though I try to convince myself that I have been good last 5-6 months - and then I know that there probably isn't any money for it in coming weeks/months.
Mr. Wonderful went to Spain to get certain documents (which he can't get through the embassy, for whatever odd reason) we will be needing soon and he just found out that what he thought to be expense of couple of tens of euros at most costs 267€ (add plane tickets, accommodation, general expenses etc. to that..).

Well, these are really one-time expenses, but big when you least expect them, even more when you have a small income and bills to pay.

Regardless, just to shock you...

a WIP

I am stitching this to my mother as a surprise so it should be done and framed when she comes back from her cabin.

I am stitching this on white fabric, regardless the nice pink tone the fabric has in the picture...

PINK

I know, I know, but lately I have noticed a rather interesting phenomenon in my way of interpreting colours: all the sudden all kind of candy and yucky colours have become very pleasant to my eyes... canary yellow, turquoise, bright pale blue, pink, young grass green... you name it.
I still enjoy my old favourites, those dark and vibrant ones, and on the same time I my dislike towards muted, "dirty" colours has increased.

I guess it is a mental thing (I am mental, yes ) and I guess Mr. Wonderful is causing it.

I am not complaining, I just find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment