Tuesday 25 August 2009

Head, say "Hi" to a wall


I have been fighting last days with my laptop: Windows went nuts, or rather it just didn't want to start anymore other than in repair mode and my only option seemed to be to recover the factory settings.
I could have stand that, noticing that the system gave me an option to make a backup of the files before recovering factory settings... if it just had done that.

When I had recovered the backup I found out that the backup was only partial and that it had missed just the most important folder: my sketches! (Or it seems to be so, I just hope it really is the only folder as I have been working, working, and workin so I haven't had much time to check in addition of fighting with this d***ed thing...)

Thank G-d I had backupped my sketches folder only few days earlier and that I had made an imported preview of the only bigger design I had been sketching after that (so, basically I just lost two biscorni and some variations of the bigger thing so not as bad as it could have been) which the backup utility was able to save.

Funny thing? After googling I came to realise that it was not Windows as such that blew it up, but bugs in HP's backup and recovery utilities... What fun!

And now I just need to find a way to get all the data off from the hard drive as it seems to me that all the data is on the hard drive, I just can't get it out from there because it's hiding "under" this version...

Yes, I AM annoyed (still, it could have been worse).

No comments:

Post a Comment