Saturday 24 January 2009

Bewitching enabling


I got an Amazon gift certificate from a friend over the holidays, did some shopping and yesterday I got my parcel from the post office on my way to work. Be forewarned that this may be an enabling entry (and full of typos, I have a migraine).

I bought Joan Eliott's Bewitching Cross Stitch only because I liked the dragon on the cover (a real must stitch, don't you think?) and was pleasantly surprised when I browsed the book through.

   

These are only my most favourite desisgns in it, it does have couple of nice ones in addition of these and then some. Really worth the money, if you suddenly have a need to buy it for yourself.

I also got Teresa Wentzler's Carousel, but I realised today that I actually have it as it is in The Best of Teresa Wentzler Fantasy Collection and have been pondering do I keep it, as it would be easier to get working copies from, or do I add it to that envelope of TWs which is heading to Linda's home after next pay day.

You see, Linda did a woman's work (visit this post to congratulate her) and stitched Ellen Maurer-Stroh's beatiful Rose Sampler in less than three months and as Linda needed to finish it within 2008 (because she had added the year almost right after she started!) I gave her a little incentive: if she finishes it before 2009 I will send her a stash prize.
Then I started to buy TWs from eBay and when ever I found some of the designs twice in reasonable price I bid for both.
So, now I have a nice thick envelope filled with TWs to send to Linda for her prize-winning stitching (oh yes, I will surely send them insured as there are some Out-Of-Prints).

Yes, I love to enable.

No comments:

Post a Comment