Friday 7 September 2012

Stash!


One of my mottos seems to be: "When in hiatus, buy stash."

Actually I haven't been in a stitching slump, or not that big at least. Well, ok, in a tiny slump. Life got on the way big time, even though funnily enough I do still have quite nice amount of free time in the evening when Tiny's in bed (why wouldn't I, I have been alone with him since he was born so I am used to this) - excluding last few days. He has a phase... my excellent sleeper has begun to wake up around 10 or 11 pm and can't get back to sleep without drastic measures. In this case he has started to sleep outdoors even in the evenings, well packed into his sleeping bag in a manner that makes me wonder how my hotblooded son doesn't feel uncomfortable in there. That same boy who started to protest against winter gear in April when it was still snow... and he was barely 2 months old.

Babies, you will never learn to understand them.

First, some non-stitchy craft stash: felt applique patterns I found from eBay.

Tiny loves cats and seems to like owls so I bought these in case I ever get into sewing them. You never know.

Gnome (in here they are not elves) design kind of stuck from one Finnish auction site and the mag is from Finnish stash group from Facebook.

Then some lovelies from Silkweaver.

Both fabrics reminded me of something I heard few days ago about Silkweaver's quality nowadays and I have to agree. Greenish one is almost ok, it has some blotches on the other end though, but the blue is almost even in colour and I am quite sure that is not what the picture has been as I only buy hand-dyed fabrics when they look like hand-dyed.

Then there's two envelopes of lovelies from 1-2-3 Stitch! ("Christmas to Remember" sampler is from eBay).

I am still waiting for meager 52 skeins of that white Sullivan's and when they arrive I'll have some floss dye fun here at Casa Insane.
And I have to admit that I didn't quite read the info on the WDW I bought and it turned out to be perle... oh well, you never know when you will need some.

Pretty, ain't?

And then to do some dishes and then bake a ton of cinnamon rolls, I promised to bake them and take with me to one meeting (for us odd people who use cloth diapers for their kids ) tomorrow morning. Woman's work is never done...

No comments:

Post a Comment