Thursday 2 June 2011

Booking Through Thursday


Reviews:
Do you read book reviews? Whose do you trust? Do they affect your reading habits? Your buying habits?

In general I don't read book reviews, but I am glad I trusted one review in Helsingn Sanomat (link is to internation edition, the review itself was in the Finnish version). It was about Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's "Half of a Yellow Sun".
Incidently it happened shortly after I had met Husband and I made a mental note based on the review that when I see the book, I must buy it. Finally got it last year, as couple of other her books and realised that I had found yet another favourite author for myself.

Her writing style is captivating and you just yearn more and more after getting the first sip and I can nothing but recommend her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment