Sunday 26 July 2009

Crafting


It has been quite a while since I did anything even remotely artistic (shopping doesn't count, does it?), but today I had a short creative streak because I knew I had promised to make invitation for my mother's 60th birthday for her to take to her work.

This is what I came up with:

The text says, as it is in Finnish I guess some need translation:

"Even though the beautiful young lady on the left doesn't look a day older than she looked when the photo was taken she will, indeed, celebrate her 5 x 12 th birthday this autumn and therefore wishes to invite you to celebrate with her to her cabin at Anjalankoski *plus hidden address*

Coffeetable is ready, kettle is hot and the birthday girl is fit to socialize from 12th to 13th of September, 2009, between 12 - 18 in at address *smudged*.

With a heartfelt welcome (also for your avec)."

Then I heard, when I called her to check one detail, that she actually needs one invitation in a form of a card so I went with the same theme:

Not too bad, I would say. ^^

And now it's time for me to head to kitchen and prepare some yummy lasagne for Mr. Wonderful as he is soon going to Spain for 3-4 weeks (for what reason, I will tell you later ) and may miss my lasagne when away (and while he is away I will go to my mother's to look after my boys and her Old Lady).

No comments:

Post a Comment