Friday 3 July 2009

30 o.O


I had my bestest (yup *grin*) gift when Mr. Wonderful wished me good birthday when I woke up. Having him here is the best gift I can possible have today - due our financial situation no huge gifts, but he gave me the sweetest card (which I have placed on top of the TV).

30 years old (I almost wrote 30 years odd...)

Oh mi gosh, etc.. I don't feel like thirty at all, but I have already noticed all the things coming from getting older: I got an invitation for the official PAP smear today... oh well, at least it's good for me. In addition to that I have to book an appointment to our nurse because I have been sick so many times between January - March. It has to be an one hour appointment, and for what? We just come to conclusion that asthma, customer service job and flu season are not a good combination.
But that is what my employer wants me to do so there I go.

And in addition to that there is another health check coming within next two months. Groovy. And I know that this time there is this "and how about your weight then?" conversation... though, I can tell them that I have lost whopping 12,5 kilos since March without any dieting and that we shouldn't meddle with what seems to going well.
Though... they could check my thyroid levels, just for future reference as it seems that our mother has hypothyroidism despite her levels being within so called normal levels. I just can't help, but wondering did I really have point with my suspicion of having hypothyroidism when I was prescribed antidepressants...

Well, what is my weight loss secret? I am not quite sure, but I guess that the combination of Mr. Wonderful and Nigerian food is the thing - that yummy okra soup he makes every now and then may be big contributor in this. (This is interesting.)
One thing I am sure of: I am not complaining.

Her Highness

Thank you for your condolences.
She was put to sleep after, this is what the vet thought, her kidneys had failed. Poor dear couldn't control her bowel or bladder any more so it was just gentle to let her go.
My mother took her with her and buried Her Highness somewhere in her cabin's garden.

In general: odd changes

I have noticed extremely odd change in me lately: I like to shop and I am actually looking forward to buy *GASP* more *GASP* feminine clothes (what, aren't jeans and T-shirt feminine enough?! I am getting scary!) in future - and I have started to wear *GASP* earrings.
What boggles me almost as much is that I have this odd mania for turquoise stones (or glass pieces, whatever) - in general I have a thing for turquoise which I can't explain...
I have even grown my hair longer because He asked to (and it's not dark anymore, more like dark, bright red).

Should I be worried or should I just come to conclusion that I am in love?

No comments:

Post a Comment