Tuesday 11 November 2008

One down, one less to use


Well, it seems that that "nothing" was actually an allergic reaction to doxicyclin (an antibiotic I was prescribed for my bronchitis) as I feel lots better after only one dose (40mg) of cortisone prescribed to me by a nice doctor at private clinic (and employer pays ).

They say that allergy for several antibiotics (in my case two: penicillin and doxicyclin) is very, very rare condition, but oddly enough I am not only person in my family allergic to at least two different kind antibiotics. Maybe we are slightly odd then.

At least one thing is for sure: I will sleep like a baby next two weeks, because of that course of cortisone. (Taking that the reaction actually becomes milder within 24 hours, otherwise I have to run back to the clinic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment