Friday 24 February 2012

And we are ready to go!

Today I got my first maternity allowance and spent part of it at Ikea (and over half of it went for bills - goodness)... Now we have a bed for Baby Wonder and we are ready to roll!

They had really cheap one (39,95€) which I had considered earlier, but decided to get the more expensive one (99€ which is not insane) because you can remove the other side and make it a regular bed when BW is older. Of course not much older, but in any case, he can get out of bed by himself when he is old enough.

This also felt sturdier and looks better with our changing table...

...which I got for free in excellent condition from a friend of a friend.

Health wise... my blood pressure elevated above my normal levels last week and it stays (I check it daily now) around alarm level (140/90) so on Monday I'm heading to hospital for an ultrasound to define the flow in umbilical cord and it is possible that labor will be induced around 40+0 (due date), which would mean... next week!

So now I am just busy resting and trying to clean and so on before next week, just in case they won't let me out of the hospital without Baby Wonder outside of the womb. (I'm cleaning because, thanks to bureaucracy again, Husband is not in the country at the moment. And it looks very much so that he can't make it here before BW has born.)

Though it is also possible that despite my high risk for pre-eclampsia (first born, overweight, family history) they decide that we are ok despite my higher blood pressure and then we'll wait... but I have to admit that I am not at all against inducing at this point. Not because of how I feel as I am feeling good, but because I have gotten this need to meet this little fella.

No comments:

Post a Comment