Sunday 31 January 2010

Writer's Block: Random acts

 

I wouldn't call it random act of kindness, but does sending money to my Wonderful count?

I would call it regular spousal support, but He is always very thankful when I do it so it may apply as RAK, even though it is not random because it happens as long as He is not home.
And can it be categorized as RAK as He has promised to pay me back when He is able? (Though I would support Him even if He hadn't: He is my Husband (yeah, common-law, for now *grin*), He is dear to me and I have been brought up to take care of the people you love. And anyway, we have an agreement that when we have children, G-d willing, I stay home and He supports us.)

Other than that my RAK list of late is not impressive: bought a ball of yarn to my mom (it couldn't have been sold to regular customer and I got discount because of that (and additional staff discount)), gave some money for Haiti relief fund just after the earthquake, paid my regular amount to Greenpeace support...

Though, the fact remains: my acts of kindness are not random at the moment, but persistent and I would say it is actually better as it creates more positive energy to this world.

I believe that you get what you give, so in those terms I do believe in karma.

In my case inner belief of karma comes from upbringing, we have been raised to do good things to others and I have noticed that sooner or later it pays back in form or another (though I have also noticed that some people just use you shamelessly, but sooner or later they will get what they deserve).

And now, off to do more important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment