Tuesday 10 November 2009

The Swine Swears It Wasn't Him


The story goes as follows: after six days on sick leave due sinusitis and bronchitis I happily went to work on last Tuesday... I was still on antibiotics.

Note that I was on antibiotics. (Yes, repetitive.)

During those four hours I started to feel sick again and measured my temperature. Turns out I have fever (being on antibiotics it's odd), but as it was only four hour day and I was almost finished anyway I stayed and went to see the doctor the following day (day 1 after antibiotics).

    D: "It's possible that you have a virus which has been supressed by an opportunistic bacteria and now that the bacteria is dying/ had died the virus has better possibility to reproduce and spread around."

    Me: "So, I may have, for example, The Swine Flu?"

    D: "That is very much possible, but I can't say for sure because you simply have fever and muscle weakness."

By the end of the week I had gone through all the non-fatal symptoms of The Flu. On Monday I saw a doc, another doc. After telling him what symptoms I had had we had the following conversation:
    D: "I won't make the test because you have no symptoms of influeza."

    Me: WTF? So, you're basically saying that I have some odd virus which, oddly enough, has all the symptoms of the Flu and is as long lasting?

    D: "... you must have sinusitis."

    Me: Well, I rarely have fever when I have it, I have never been this sick with sinusitis and, the point here is that, my sinuses and face don't hurt."

    D: *echoes my sinuses* "There's nothing here... You should get X-rayed... but I give you three days off, and if you're still sick come back and we X-ray your sinuses."

    Me: *by herself* "Ok..."

So....


© 2006-2008 Hoosier Ag Today

Basically, after being bed-ridden for a week with all the non-fatal symptoms it may be too late to even diagnose the Flu if I have had it because I have an odd feeling of getting better.
I understand that this way the doc thinks he ensures that I get the vaccination (not that I am paranoid or anything ), but... I am highly suspicious about the stuff for various reasons, one of them being my know hypersensitivy to certain medications and tons of other stuff, so I am not too sure do I get it - seasonal one I will take, as usual.

(By the way, when it comes to Neko (Mr. Avatar Kitty) he's enjoying his new life at my sister's (don't ask how he ended there )- he even has a new Lady friend now: Neko & Tellervo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment