Friday 31 August 2007

Cross post: What I have been up to?

Because I am getting sick, but I hope no one minds...

Behold, the new designs!

Firstly I have great news to all you mail art lovers out there!
As I know many MA enthusiasts I decided to give mail art a try and came up with Berry Mail Art.

The model is stitched with DMC's Variations called Chilean Sunset (I love the name), but the design is easy to adapt for different seasons just by changing the colour of the leaves and the berries. If stitched on 36 count the finished envelope is suitable for A5 sized card.
This is actually my first piece of mail art ever and I can say that I understand why people love these so much, mail art envelopes are such fun! I am sure this won't be the last design suitable for mail art from my brains. :)

And what's better way to fill it than a stitched ornament - or six!

Lumikukkia was inspired by a piece of burgundy linen sent to me by Leena from Violarium and the desire to make ornament set for winter's festivities, but which also would suit for general home decoration regardless of your religious domination.

Even the picture features the monochromatic version this design set contains also coloured versions with a colour key - and why not change the colours to suit your own likings and decor? :)

If you are looking for a quick autumny stitch there's always
Berryscornu
!

This design would look good also stitched over one and finished as a scissor fob or an ornament.

AND... I have added a new complimentary design to the Sample Designs page! So do pop by!

(Cross post from Tales from Periphaeria... I am sick so I hope you bear with me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment