Saturday 3 July 2010

Mochies (i.e. Mokkapalat)


I would like to call them brownies, but really they are not (similar, but not quite) so Mochies sounds like a good English name for them (and yes, I am aware of the slang definition of mochies).

When I was little I remember our mom making these quite often, though it may be just my imagination, evn though our mom bake a lot when we were kids.
And when I was in my teens I had a phase when I made these all the time. Though today I changed the recipe quite a bit, but still... yummy!

Mochies, aka. Mokkapalat

  • 3 eggs
  • 3 dl of sugar
  • 200g of melted butter
  • 2 dl of natural yoghurt
  • 5 dl of flour
  • 2 tsp of baking soda
  • 3 tsp of vanilla sugar (with real vanilla)
  • 3 tbps of dark cocoa powder (sieved)
  • 100g of dark chocolate, grated
Frosting
  • 3,5 dl of icing sugar (just sugar, not those things with corn starch or something like that) (sieved)
  • 5 tbsp of melted butter
  • 5 tbsp of strong coffee
  • 2 tbsp of dark cocoa powder (sieved)
  • 2 tsp of vanilla sugar
  • nonpareil/ coconut flakes/ crushed hard candy for decoration
Heat up your oven to 200°C, cover oven pan with baking paper.

Mix dry goods and grated chocolate in a bowl. Whisk sugar and eggs until they form a light coloured foam. Mix egg foam and yoghurt into dry goods, then add butter. Mix carefully, but throughly.

Pour the dough on the covered pan and bake approximately 15-20 minutes.

After the "cake" has cooled make the frosting by mixing all the ingredients, except nonpareils, in a pot on hot stove, until smooth. Pour on the cake and decorate with nonpareils. Let the frosting harden.

Cut, enjoy with a good cup of coffee/ tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment